10.29.2006

Innovations/Individuals

Any one interested on my opinions on the role of innovations and individuals? Probably not but if you are, here's my response paper for my writing class:
Response Paper

The paper is on Richard Lewontin's essay "Science as Social Action"
and Jared Diamond's excerpt "Necessity's Mother" (From Guns, Germs, and Steel). You should check out the essays if you want. Unfortunately I couldn't find any links to a text online, but if anyone does please let me know!

They are very interesting. Diamond's essay is on how technology affects society and the myth of the Heroic Theory of Invention. Lewontin's essay is on how Charles Darwin is wrong, we are separate from the environment and the environment doesn't change us we change the environment. Very interesting to think about.

No comments: